Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Days - 12.28.09


Thanks to my brother-in-law, Jason, I was able to go to a Blazer game tonight for the first time in a number of years. My father-in-law and I had great seats, maybe the closest I have sat to the court. My boys sat with Jason in the club level and had access to free food which they made the most of and it may come back to bite them later tonight....time will tell. Despite a poor performance by the Blazers resulting in a loss to the Sixers, it was a fun time cheering on our favorite basketball team.

However, the most special part of the day came an hour before we left for the game when my 10 year old, Caleb, came home from shopping with his grandparents. He had heard me talking about how I wanted to get myself a Blazers jersey - one of the RipCity versions you can only get in Portland - and while out at the mall he saw one and bought it for me with money he got for Christmas. A completely unselfish act done just because he wanted to do something nice for his Dad. It made my day and the jersey is much more special to me than any jersey I'd have bought myself. I'll wear with the pride of a fan and a father!

No comments:

Post a Comment