Monday, December 24, 2012

12.24.12 - Happy Birthday Marcy!

Marcy & the Guys
While everyone else is scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping and doing their last minute wrapping of Christmas gifts, December 24th represents something different in our house: it's Marcy's birthday!

Admittedly, I've never really done a great job of separating her birthday from the rest of the holiday season.  She's always been a great sport about this, and for someone who really loves birthdays she probably feels like she wishes she had her birthday at a different time of year.

Marcy & the Girls
This morning though, we had a little fun with her as we attempted to recreate an annual tradition.  Each year, Marcy and I go out for a birthday breakfast to Mother's Bistro in downtown Portland.  Since we're staying in Indiana this year,  we're missing out on this tradition.  Instead though, I planned a little surprise breakfast gathering for Marcy with some of our closest friends.  It was a nice surprise for her and I think was a nice distraction from not being with all her family as she's accustomed to.

"My cheeks hurt from smiling!" was my favorite line from breakfast and I hope I can keep finding a way to keep her and the rest of the kids smiling this week.

I should be the one smiling though.  This woman is an absolute blessing to me and my soul mate.  She's an amazing mother, thoughtful friend, hard worker, and all-around awesome person.  If you aren't friends with her, your life would be better if you were.  If you are friends with her, you know what I mean.

Happy Birthday Marcy!  I love you!

Christmas Song of the Day

Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) by Chris Tomlin

I guess in it's traditional version, Joy to the World is a great worship song, but leave it to Chris Tomlin to modernize it and make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment