It happens to all of us at one point or another, you eat something you were craving or that sounded good and almost immediately afterwards...you find yourself saying "I shouldn't have eaten that." Often times the food tastes great and it is a fulfilling and satisfying - maybe even great - meal. The positive experience quickly turns to something less than desirable, however, for any number of reasons ranging from guilt to a bad physiological response to said consumed food. The entire scenario results in Food Regret.
Well, for the past several months I have been driving by a particular fried chicken restaurant boasting Louisiana-style food. If you don't know which fried chicken chain I'm talking about, let's try some word association: Cartoon, Sailor, Spinach, Olive Oyl..... got it? I'm generally not a big fast food eater - not that I'm a healthy eater either - and I have been curious about the Louisiana-style fried chicken since a franchise of this chain opened in Carmel. Caleb has tried it and continues to tell me how good it is, but we've yet to go together. Then, earlier today I was between appointments and drove past one franchise. Something inside me said that today was my day to try a little bit of Louisiana in Central Indiana.
No sooner had I finished my meal was I wishing I had never eaten it. Perhaps it was the significant
amount of hype that my greasy-food loving teenage son gave the food that it made it impossible to meet the expectations; or maybe I just got a bad batch of food. Either way, lunch has been haunting me all day...
Chalk it up to a lesson learned and my curiosity resolved. I'm sure there are many others who feel similar to my son about the food, but for those who have never experienced this particular Louisiana Kitchen, I'd recommend passing until you can visit real Louisiana.

No comments:
Post a Comment