Today marked the anniversary of my first day with the Chef's Academy. A year ago I was really excited to start a new job, but I was also admittedly very nervous. Nervous to leave what I had come to know real well (my previous position), nervous to leave a great team, and nervous what was in store for me. I was also very confident though that I was making the right move. Fast forward to today and I can look back at this past year and say it has been one of my best years at Harrison and probably in my entire career. It has absolutely had its share of ups and downs, and there is still so much work we have to do, but it really has been a successful year.
Much of that success is due to the great people I work with. Great people are at the core of any of
our Harrison College operations and The Chef's Academy has been no different. I miss my old team a lot and I'm glad I still have the occasion to work with some of them, but my staff and faculty on my team now are also great people and I am blessed to be called their leader.
I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge how great it has been to be in an environment around students each day again. I had been in an online or administration setting for the last ten years and I was really missing student engagement on a more regular basis. The daily interaction with students face-to-face has been a welcome change and another big plus in this Campus President role.
I am very thankful for all the experiences and people that have contributed to the success this year and I look forward to the many more great years ahead as well.
Oh yeah - my biggest accomplishment..... I didn't gain any weight this year! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment