Every year I enjoy making custom Christmas Cards for us to send out to family and friends.
Every year, except this year.
It just didn't happen. Crazy family schedules meant we didn't even get a picture as a family until Christmas eve service at church. I even had a really good idea for this year's card, I just lost the battle to find the time to get it done. I'm partly really disappointed in myself for not making it a priority, but I think I started skewing in my own head what these cards were for. Somewhere in the past few years I started pressuring myself to come up with a better card design year after year, as if that was the most important thing. Obviously that's not the point of a holiday card but just how my crazy mind was skewing this tradition.
Truth is, I think this blog has become a pretty effective holiday card of sorts. That wasn't the intention when I started writing it, but as more and more of our friends/family are connected online this has been a pretty effective way of sharing with everyone some pictures from the family and the happenings around the Kaopuiki family this past year.
So, my apologies for not sending out holiday cards this year. We still hope everyone had/has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment